Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Beth Schaffer, M.D.

OK – I’m convinced.  I need letters after my name.  M.D. might be {more than} over the top but maybe “Beth Schaffer, I.C.D.W.M.O.P.B.A.W.T.L.T.Y.A.O.A.T.W.M.L.S.Y.P.” 
(stands for “I can’t deal with my own problems but am willing to listen to yours and offer advice that  will most likely solve your problems.") I can see why that might not catch on but is so entirely accurate on how people perceive me and approach me. 
My sister has been calling non-stop, now granted I am her sister and her maid of honor, but I mean daily “Do I have to invite…”  “How should I…” “What song…”. 
At the pool yesterday some woman was telling me her life story and her daughter’s life story and asking what I thought she should do. Do I have a sign on my back cause really, I know your life story but not your name!
Four weeks ago I started babysitting Monday through Thursday for a 20 month old from 5:30 to 8.  Her mom and I have become fast friends and I thoroughly enjoy talking/hanging out every night after she gets home. Last night she came home crying. She’s sick and worked a long day.  Her husband wasn’t coming right home and there was still a lot to do around the house.  Ultimately she broke down and told me that she and her husband are in a bad spot and she doesn’t see things getting better.  We talked and I helped with cleaning up from dinner and giving Jayden a bath and stayed well after she (Jayden – not her mom) was asleep talking.  She apologized for the verbal vomit but said (and I quote) “You just seem like someone I can talk to.”  I feel like that’s my sign – that the world feels like I’m just someone they can all talk to. I don’t mind at all. I actually quite enjoy talking and helping people.  It’s just strange that everyone I ever meet feels this way about me… that they can just talk to me.  I won’t complain – just wish I could figure out what about me exactly makes me “that person”!
I really wish, at least, that I made the salary that a person with letters after their name makes!


I don’t know if you know this but I’ll tell you just incase cause I think everyone should know -
SICK SUCKS!! Big time!  I ate 5 Ritz crackers and a cup of chicken broth today and it made me feel like I wanted to crawl out of my skin.  I keep telling everyone it’s like dying backwards … I don’t know exactly what that means – but it sounds painful (people have comeback with ‘you mean it feels like being born’ but no it doesn’t feel like that at all cause I’m assuming you feel pretty good those first few days after being born).  My insides are on fire. I’m starving but when I even think of food I dry heave so when it’s actually in front of me I run away with my hand pressed over my mouth taking as few breaths as possible until I can’t smell it anymore.  It’s all wonderful.  I’m taking Pepcid every 4-6 hours, TUMS every 4-6 minutes and chugging water like it’s my job in hopes to aid in the healing process. Really – sick sucks!

Of course right before I was diagnosed I agreed to do my first product review and eventual giveaway on my blog.  I’ve been working avidly on it – but my avid now is not quite up to my feeling good avid.  I’m working on it though!  It’s truly amazing! Check back tomorrow (if all goes according to plan!) for a more informative post!!! 

~Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...