Monday, October 24, 2011

Forgive me, Blogland…

For I have sinned. It has been 17 days since my last post.

I don’t even know where to begin. I simply don’t know how to summarize all that has gone on in the last 2 weeks.  I was in CT for 11 of the 17 days. I put 1,100 miles on the rental car – yes averaging 100 miles per day.  We were constantly partying (be it friends, family or family & friends) as we counted down the days to my sister’s wedding with a rehersal dinner, a bachelorette party, final dress fittings, the night before sleepover with my sister, 2 of our good friends and I. I spent a lot of time hanging out with my friends. I had a baby shower to go to. I worked 34 hours in 3 1/2 days at Country Kids.  I consumed more than a little too much alcohol. I laughed a lot. I cried a little – happy tears of course. I spent time bundled in warm clothes around a bonfire and fully clothed in a sauna.  I made a pact with a good friend that makes my unknown future look a little more tolerable.  I texted one person over 800 times.  Every text made me smile, made my heart flutter (that covered a slight ache).  The thin silver lining turned into the blue sky, the rainbow and the pot of the gold at the end.  I fought the urge to miss my flight this morning heading back to the Sunshine State.  I fought the urge to cry as I sat on the plane as I thought of everything that I was leaving behind.  I cursed myself for being smart and resigning the lease for my apartment in FL for another 9 months before this trip.  I know if I didn’t sign that lease I would have come back to FL simply to pack up my life and head back to CT.  At least this way I miss the terrible cold that is winter in CT.

It’s taken me about 2 hours to put that together.  The more I think about this, the more I think I am over blogging…..  I’m just sayin…. 
That’s all I’m writing for now. I might be back… and apparently part of me might not want to do this anymore.

This may just be it…
~Beth

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful 2012. Blogging can get totally overwhelming sometimes, can't it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...